What is Sculptra?
The sculptra treatment is an anti-ageing injectable solution. It can smooth the skin, restore more youthful contours to the face, improve skin tone or be used to enhance your features.
It contains poly-L-lactic acid, which stimulates collagen production in the skin over time. This results in a gradual and natural-looking improvement in facial volume and contour.
It is particularly effective at treating very deep wrinkles and folds and results are long-lasting, giving it the popular name, the Liquid Facelift.
What are the benefits of using Sculptra?
Sculptra filler has been used as an anti-ageing treatment for more than 20 years across the world. It can fill and correct ageing concerns and facial irregularities by using a biodegradable material known as poly-l-lactic acid that corrects the deepest of creases and wrinkles.
Studies have shown that Sculptra can even correct lip atrophy, a condition that causes facial fat loss.
The Sculptra procedure
Sculptra does not require skin testing prior to use and it may be safely combined with other non-invasive aesthetic treatments such as Wrinkle Injections and dermal fillers.
This helps to give you an immediate improvement while the long-term effects of Sculptra are being produced.
What does the process involve?
During your consultation, we will discuss your ageing concerns and whether Sculptra will address these issues. During your Sculptra procedure, we use topical anaesthetic to numb the treatment area to minimise any mild discomfort you may feel although Sculptra is injected using a fine needle.
Sculptra aesthetics works by stimulating collagen production in the skin and fills in volume that has been lost with age.
Results are gradual and, depending on the level of improvement desired and the severity of the problem, anywhere between three to five monthly treatments may be needed.
Once the desired look is achieved, Sculptra produces long-lasting treatments, with results typically lasting longer than two years.
What happens after?
After three treatments, your face will look fuller and fine lines and wrinkles will appear softened. However, these are not the true effects and this volume will subside slightly as the water found in Sculptra™ is absorbed into the body.
You can expect to see clear improvements six weeks after initial treatment and this will continue to improve with each course of treatments. As your body begins to produce increased facial collagen, the connective tissue where ageing has had its effects will naturally rebuild, smoothing out wrinkles and fine lines
Where can Sculptra be used?
Sculptra can be used across the face and body. However it is most commonly used in the following areas:
- Cheeks: By using Sculptra, one can restore lost volume in the cheeks, effectively lifting and contouring the mid-face area.
- Nasolabial Folds: These are the lines that run from the sides of the nose to the corners of the mouth. Sculptra can help soften these folds.
- Hands: It can make the back of your hands fuller, making veins and tendons less noticeable.
- Marionette Lines: These are the lines that run from the corners of the mouth to the chin. Sculptra can be used to reduce the appearance of these lines.
- Buttocks: Instead of surgery, Sculptra can make your buttocks shapelier and fuller.
- Jawline: Using Sculptra, individuals can enhance the definition and contour of their jawline, achieving a more youthful appearance.
- Knees: It’s used to fix wrinkles and droopy skin around the knees, making them look younger.
- Temples: Volume loss in the temples can make the face appear hollow or aged. Luckily, Sculptra can be injected in this area.
- Abdomen: It can tighten loose belly skin, often when you’re getting a tummy tuck or body contouring.
- Hands: Sculptra has the ability to improve ageing hands by adding volume and reducing the visibility of veins and tendons..
- Neck: This treatment can also help with fine lines and wrinkles on the neck and bring back its fullness.
- Décolletage: It’s good for smoothing out wrinkles and lines on the chest and upper chest area.
- Arms: It can treat loose skin and wrinkles on the upper arms, giving them a tighter and younger appearance.
Who can get Sculptra?
Practitioners use Sculptra for people in their 30s and older who are experiencing signs of ageing. Younger individuals may not be appropriate candidates unless they have specific concerns related to facial volume loss.
Another aspect to take into account when deciding to get Sculptra is your medical history. Certain medical conditions or medications might make you ineligible for the treatment.
How long does Sculptra last?
The results of Sculptra can last for an impressive period of 2 to 3 years, setting it apart from many other treatments available today.
How much does Sculptra cost?
We can’t speak for other UK clinics but at Wimpole Aesthetics the cost of getting Sculptra is £600 per treatment.
1. Get In Touch
If you’ve been considering an aesthetic treatment to rejuvenate your skin or reshape your body, then the first step is to get in touch with the clinic to arrange a consultation with our medical director Dr Joshua Berkowitz or one of his team, depending on your requirements.
2. At The Clinic
The consultation is an essential part of the patient journey as it gives us the opportunity to discuss your objectives and the outcome you’re hoping to achieve. We will talk you through the procedure or treatment plan, clearly explain any possible risks and the results you can expect, as well as answer all of your questions.
3. Your Treatment
Procedures at Wimpole Aesthetics are carried out under the direction of our medical director Dr Joshua Berkowitz and his team. We aim to deliver practical, safe and effective medical aesthetic alternatives to cosmetic surgery whilst always respecting a patient’s privacy, dignity and confidentiality.
4. Post Treatment
Our care and support continues after you leave the clinic. You are provided with comprehensive aftercare advice appropriate to the treatment you have received and we welcome patients getting in touch if they have any questions regarding their experience and results.
At Wimpole Aesthetics, we provide a wide variety of medical treatments and non-surgical rejuvenating procedures in the field of anti-ageing and aesthetic medicine. Our medical director Dr Joshua Berkowitz stays abreast of the latest developments in this field, but always ensures that any treatment we offer can deliver safe and effective results.
We love to hear our patients tell us that we have the feel of a local clinic right in the heart of London’s medical district.
At Wimpole Aesthetics, our skilled cosmetic physicians and dedicated support staff actively commit to ensuring your satisfaction throughout your experience.
Led by Dr. Joshua Berkowitz, our team offers a range of expert treatments and maintains a patient-centric approach.
Dr. Joshua Berkowitz, our Founder and Medical Director, personally oversees the training of our nursing support staff and aestheticians.
Dr. Natalie Hammer, an Aesthetic Medicine Practitioner from the USA, is a GMC registered doctor with 14 years of medical experience, 8 of which are in aesthetics.